What you will need:
- 6 1/2 Pound (lb) Barilla Whole Grain Pasta (Rotini)
- 1/4 Cup Garlic, raw
- 0 3/4 Cup Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 12 Pound (lb) Tomatoes, crushed, canned
- 7 Pound (lb) Spinach, frozen, chopped or leaf, unprepared, package (10 oz)
- 0 1/2 Pound (lb) Cheese, parmesan, grated
- 9 1/3 Pound (lb) Jennie-O Ground Turkey with natural flavorings
- 2 Pound (lb) Onions, raw, chopped
- 2 Pound (lb) Squash, summer, zucchini, includes skin, raw, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tone’s Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Spices, pepper, black
- Chop, onions, zucchini, and garlic
- Saute onions in olive oil until soft on medium heat in a large pot.
- Add ground turkey to onions.
- Add zucchini to onions and saute until soft.
- Add garlic at last and saute another minute so they don’t burn.
- Add crushed tomatoes,spinach, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Note sauce can be made 1-2 days in advance, cooled and refridgerated. Bring to simmer prior to serving.
- Boil pasta until tender (per package instructions). Add pasta sauce and combine well; or place pasta on plate and ladle sauce over individual servings. Sprinkle each serving with 1 Tbsp of parmesan cheese.
Portion Size: 361 Gram(s)
Recipe Makes: 50 Serving(s)