What you will need:
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup raisins or other dry fruit
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Prepare 8-inch by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 325∞
- Combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, salt, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl.
- Combine honey or agave nectar, with coconut oil or butter in a heat proof bowl. (microwave until ingredients are melted together)
- Stir melted ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until all oats are coated.
- Spread over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and add raisins then stir carefully. Return to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes. Granola will be golden.
- Cool until firm but not hard.
- Use a spoon to crumble the granola.
- Place in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Note: You can change the dried fruit to craisins, apricots, or any other dried fruit and also vary the nuts to give the granola different flavors.</>
MDUSD presents another healthy rcpe that is easy and inexpensive to make with children and at home.