What you will need:
- 2 cups water
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
Test to make sure the yeast is active.
Add honey to mixing bowl, followed by salt peanut oil.
Now add bread flour.
Whisk in eggs.
Add oats, bulgur wheat and sunflower seeds to bowl.
Add 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour.
Sprinkle white and wheat flour on work surface in equal portions.
Let rise for 30 minutes in a bowl.
Roll the risen dough into 1-2 inch balls. Place on baking sheet and cover. Let rise for an additional 30 minutes.
Add whisked egg to the top of each roll.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 325° F.
- Testing yeast for activity is easy. Add water and yeast packet to a large mixing bowl and let stand for 5 minutes. If the yeast starts rising to the surface of the water it is active.
- Add just enough bread flour to make the mixture pasty. Look for elasticity in the mixture. Remember, there is no such thing as over mixing bread!
- Place a towel over the top of a bowl of rising dough for better results.